Fighting for the truth . . . exposing the corrupt


April 16, 2003 began like most any duty day for Col. Philip M. Shue of Boerne, Texas.

The 26-year veteran of the U.S. Air Force rose early, had breakfast with his wife Tracy, and headed out to his job as a staff psychiatrist at nearby Wilford Hall Medical Center.

He kissed Tracy goodbye and climbed into his 1995 Mercury Tracer for the daily commute. The next time his wife of 10 years saw her husband, he was dead.


The Kendall County Sheriff’s Department is understandably “tight-lipped” about what happened between the time Shue left home, around 5:45 a.m., and when his body was discovered in his wrecked vehicle on an Interstate 10 access road more than two hours later.

Results of an autopsy done by civilian authorities – with an Air Force pathologist present (who was forbidden by his superiors from speaking with Mrs. Shue) – have not been released. However, preliminary findings from the local medical examiner indicate Shue died of massive head trauma when his speeding vehicle careened into several trees – not from the torture or wounds inflicted upon his body.

But from informed sources within the investigation and Shue herself, has pieced together what may have led to the colonel’s death.

“I’ve been told my husband was painfully tortured,” Shue said. “Duct tape was found on his wrists and around his boots, indicating that he had been waylaid and bound.

“His wallet and hospital badge were missing, and whoever grabbed him, left a money clip with $47 untouched.
“We don’t know who did it – although I have my suspicions. And they have been passed on to the proper authorities. But I am sure of one thing. Philip was desperately trying to get back home when he had the crash.”

The psychiatrist’s vehicle was discovered smashed into several trees on Johns Road, not far from his Brentwood Drive residence. His car was headed in the opposite direction from his place of work.

Several motorists told police they saw the death car moving “erratically” down the highway, at one point on the median before the vehicle suddenly veered off Interstate 10 and failed to make a curve on the access road.

“He either feared I was being harmed, or was trying to get away from someone and warn me,” his loving wife said through her tears.

DEATH THREATS AGAINST DR. SHUE has obtained copies of a series of letters, all unsigned, that Col. Shue had received over the past few years.

In one, a person purporting to be the colonel’s “friend” tells him:

Dear Dr. Shue,

Please read this letter. You may be in danger.

I’m writing because I remember you as such a kind and caring doctor, and I can’t just sit by and not help you by telling you what I know. I’ll try to keep it short so your (sic) certain to read it.

A friend of mine who worked with (name deleted by MCC), your ex-wife’s husband, told me some skary (sic) things. I don’t know (name deleted by MCC) or your ex-wife myself. Sorry, I don’t even know her name. My friend told me they wish you were dead so they could collect life insurance. I don’t understand why they would have life insurance on you, but that’s what my friend told me. My friend thinks they may actually be planning something.

I don’t know if they would actually hurt you, but please be careful. I had to write. If I didn’t, I couldn’t bare (sic) the thought of something bad happening to you that I could have prevented by telling you what I heard.

If I hear anything more specific I will let you know. Please be careful. I’m sorry to worry you, but I just couldn’t not write and find out later that I could have stopped a bad thing from happening.

The last message Col. Shue received from the anonymous “friend” was this short and cryptic note:

The plan is now delayed, but not canceled. Be careful.

I can’t identify myself because they may find out and stop letting information slip.


The editors of this web site have seen various correspondence Col. Shue sent his ex-wife – who held a $1,000,000 life insurance policy on him – and it is clear that the officer feared she might be seeking his premature death.

The present Mrs. Shue declined to say exactly who she thought was responsible for the campaign of terror against her husband, but did ask rhetorically: “Who stood to gain the most?” is not publishing the name of the ex-wife (now remarried) because an ongoing investigation is partly focused on certain parties and possible accomplices, both in Texas and Florida.

In an August 20, 2000 letter to USAA Life Insurance (Fraud Division) in San Antonio, Col. Shue states his fears in no uncertain terms:

“My former wife and her husband would prefer that I die of natural causes. However, the longer I live, the more tempting it becomes for them to act on their plans for my murder. They then would not have to continue paying premiums, and could immediately collect on two $500,000 policies.”

Col. Shue went on to ask the insurers that his death be “thoroughly examined for evidence of foul play – even if on the surface the cause would appear natural or accidental.”


As the wife of a full colonel on active duty, Tracy Shue was appalled at the behavior of the Air Force O.S.I. (Office of Special Investigations) agent at Lackland, Air Force Base, San Antonio.

“I went there with my sister to make a statement,” Mrs. Shue told our reporter. “I couldn’t understand why more than a week after my husband’s death, I had not been contacted by O.S.I. and had to seek them out myself. When I met with the agent, I couldn’t believe his attitude.

“He had this weird smile on his face while he talked in circles, not giving us any real guidance or help. It was like he either didn’t care I had lost my husband to a horrible death or he was amused somehow by it. He didn’t lose that smirk at any time throughout his condescending remarks.

“I finally had to interrupt his rambling, long enough to ask him why he was smiling like that. I inquired what it was he found to be so ‘humorous.’ He claimed nothing did, and got up to go get his superior officer.

“When the female major arrived, she tried to establish her authority and brushed me off with a curt remark that ‘we’ll have to schedule an appointment to take the statement.’

“I told her ‘We’ll do it right now,’ so she had to accept it without any further delay.

“What gets me, is the Air Force knew of the death threats against my husband before he died, and yet they blew them off.

“The O.S.I. is well aware of the suspicious nature of my husband’s death, yet they showed a callous disregard for my suffering. There is no excuse for the way I was treated.

“Other than that day, I have not heard from them since,” said the grieving widow.


Tracy Shue and her family are offering a $50,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for her husband’s abduction and torture.

“Hopefully that amount of money will result in someone coming forward with what they know,” Mrs. Shue said.
Anyone having information is asked to call (800) 848-8500.


MilitaryCorruption.Com, Inc.
All Rights Reserved