NEW AIR FORCE CHIEF OF STAFF SAYS
HIS SUBORDINATE OFFICERS TO BE HELD
"ACCOUNTABLE" - WHAT ABOUT GEN SIMMONS?
OSI BOSS CONTINUES TO STONEWALL MEDIA
IN MAJ JILL METZGER COVER-UP - WE URGE
GEN NORTON SCHWARTZ TO CALL IN
SIMMONS, LOCK HIS HEELS, AND DEMAND
"TRUTH" AS TO WHAT REALLY HAPPENED IN
KYRGYZSTAN - UNTIL SUCH TIME, CANCER
OF "DOUBLE STANDARD OF JUSTICE" WILL
CONTINUE TO ERODE AIR FORCE MORALE
Time is running out for those who thought the Maj. Jill Metzger cover-up was a "done deal."
MilitaryCorruption.com is readying a three-part series that will expose one of the most deceitful episodes in Air Force history.
The honorable men and women who wear "Air Force Blue," as well as already overburdened American taxpayers, have been lied to by self-serving senior officers who have not only failed to punish "poster girl" Jill Metzger for numerous violations of the UCMJ, but actually "rewarded" her lies with a lucrative "disability" pension.
This is a gross insult and slap in the face to all this nation's service members who have suffered wounds and genuinely been disabled as a result of "trauma" from combat.
"HUSH MONEY" AND A HUGE BILL FOR THE TAXPAYERS
Can the fast shuffle to put Metzger on TDRL (first exposed here on MilitaryCorruption.com in 2007) be in reality "hush money" to pacify the well-connected two-time Air Force Marathon winner who has a retired colonel "daddy" and a OSI-agent husband?
What about the millions of dollars wasted in what one honest OSI agent told us was a "wild goose chase" to find and apprehend "abductors" who allegedly kidnapped the female super-achiever?
Conspiracy to deceive by officers, perhaps all the way to the top of the chain-of-command (are you reading this, Moseley?), should not and will not be tolerated.
With the disgraced and recently fired former Air Force Chief of Staff, Gen. T. Michael Moseley "out the door," perhaps under Gen. Norton Schwartz, the United States Air Force can once again regain the respect of it's rank-and-file.
As long as favoritism, cover-ups, lies and deceit are tolerated from the top on down, the cancer of a "double standard of justice" will continue to eat away at unit cohesion and Air Force morale.
STILL TIME FOR AN ARTICLE 32 AND COURT MARTIAL
It is less than 18 months since Metzger was placed on TDRL. Court-martial authority remains with the Air Force. An Article 32 preliminary hearing should be instituted as soon as possible. That includes not just the pampered and protected major, but every officer, no matter how high the rank, who perpetrated a lie and fraud against the American people.
We know the unwritten rule is no general officer ever gets sent to the Leavenworth DB no matter what he's guilty of, but can we at least see some of these failed "leaders" fired and retired at a reduced rank?
What about it, Gen. Schwartz?
The arrogant and acerbic OSI boss, Brig. Gen. Dana Simmons, should be called into the new chief of staff's office, his heels locked, and ordered to tell Gen. Schwartz the "truth" and nothing but about the Metzger investigation.
OSI STILL PUTTING UP A "STONE WALL" -
HIDING BEHIND PRIVACY ACT IN METZGER CASE
He certainly is still practicing a cover-up, at least when it comes to a request made by MilitaryCorruption.com this week that was passed on to him through the Pentagon public affairs office.
We thought you readers might like to take a peek at how a journalistic investigation is conducted. So for the first time ever, we are going to reproduce here our official press query, then the two paragraphs of "doublespeak" and, quite frankly, bull shit, that OSI thinks passes for an "answer" to our blunt but very specific questions.
Please read both and then decide for yourselves who's doing the obfuscation.
MILITARYCORRUPTION.COM'S PRESS QUERY TO THE OSI
AND THEIR NON-ANSWER
In regard to our phone conversation earlier today (August 13), we have the following questions in regard to the Maj. Jill Metzger cover-up:
(1) -- Why hasn't the Air Force issued an official statement about her alleged "heroics" in Kyrgyzstan in September 2006? It's been nearly two years.
(2) -- If Maj. Jill Metzger actually did what she claimed - overpowered a guard (kidnapper), escaped captivity and ran 30 miles to "freedom" barefoot and full of stories of "derring-do" - why hasn't she been decorated with the Air Force Cross, or at least received the POW medal? Has she been decorated at all, and if not, why not?
(3) -- How much money, taxpayers' dollars, was spent on the "search" for Metzger's so-called abductors?
(4) -- What is the percentage of increase in the annual rent the U.S. government pays Kyrgyzstan now over what it was just prior to the Metzger incident?
(5) -- Is it true that Maj. Metzger failed a polygraph test administered by the OSI?
(6) -- Is it true that Maj. Metzger refused to take a "pregnancy test" or submit to a blood test which could have ascertained if she had recently had an abortion?
(7) -- Is it true that at Moody AFB Georgia, between September 14 and December 14, 2006, while on the treadmill in the base gym, Maj. Jill Metzger - to quote OSI sources - "flipped out," curled up "in a fetal position," cried hysterically and "admitted to having had sex with two men other than her husband" while deployed to Kyrgyzstan?
(8) -- How can this case "still be under investigation" when Maj. Metzger has been on the TDRL list since July 2007? We don't have to remind you of the Air Force regulations which clearly state that "no favorable action" can be taken in regards to a service member as long as an investigation is ongoing and that one cannot be placed on the TDRL while an investigation is still underway.
Now, here comes the so-called "'answer" to our straight forward questions:
"AFSOI involvement in any matter naturally raises privacy concern for the individual(s). As a matter of policy, and in compliance with the Privacy Act, we will neither confirm nor deny any such information without the expressed written consent of individual involvement in any matter naturally raising privacy concern for the individual(s).
Therefore, in order to uphold investigative integrity, we are not at liberty to disclose any investigative operations that may or may not be underway at this time. Likewise we are not able to comment on details of known, on-going investigations."
A PLEA FOR JUSTICE TO GEN. NORTON SCHWARTZ
Is the above your idea of "accountability," sir? Or "integrity?" We think not.
Why is it OSI can continue to stonewall what really happened, hiding behind the ridiculous contention they can't say anything because it might violate Jill Metzger's "privacy?" Does this have anything to do with honor, integrity and Air Force "core values?"
What about her possible UCMJ violations of disobeying a direct order in regard to trips from Manas AFB to locations in Bishkek; going AWOL for three days; adultery (you can't get pregnant by yourself with hubby back in the States); fraternization and intimacy with at least one enlisted person on or about July 4, 2006; making a false official statement; and conduct unbecoming an officer?
Maybe you can throw in "obstruction of justice" for good measure.
That OSI "legalese" we quoted above, those two paragraphs might as well have been written by former Gen. Thomas J. Fiscus or his pal Col. Michael D. Murphy. There's two upstanding senior JAG officers for you. Right.
Gen. Schwartz, you have just started in office as COS and the entire Air Force - well, except for a few criminal elements, but you always have them - wish you success. You can start by lancing this "boil on the backside" of a proud and honorable military service. Order Simmons to come clean, as well as the others in this cover-up. And punish the ranking officers who conspired to keep the truth from the Air Force and American people. The higher the rank, the more responsibility and severity of punishment for wrongdoers.
Thank you sir. And our huge readership - many thousands of them the men and women under your command who are also our faithful readers - thank you as well.